CERTIFIED SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER
This training provides a strong insight into the responsibilities, tools and skillset of a Certified Scrum Product Owner. After completing this training, you are ready to start your certification.
This workshop in comes after the Scrum Essentials training and dives deeper into the specific role of Certified Scrum Product Owner. Through theory, practice, discussions and debates, you learn what a Product Owner does and how he/she does it. You gain a clear view on the role and tasks of the Product Owner in teams and in the organization itself.
You will discover how a Product Owner, also called a PO, helps set the direction by using his analytical skills and business knowledge. This includes how he drafts and shares the vision and requirements, and supports the team throughout the entire process of Product development. This goes from drafting a Definition of Done through to the delivery of the final product.
We recommend this training if you’re already familiar with Agile (by means of Certified Agile training or otherwise) but have to take on the role of A Scrum Product Owner. You are familiar with the Agile Product Life Cycle and Scrum framework. It is designed for who’s looking for a practical, hands-n, certification training:
- Business Unit Managers
- Product Managers
- Project Stakeholders
- Business Analysts
- Team Leaders
An important condition for this training is a prior experience in working in a fully Agile environment. You should also have a Scrum certificate or any other relevant Agile Fundamentals training.
After completing this training you’ll know the ins & outs of what a Product Owner does. You’ll learn:
- How to go from vaguely shared requirements to a fully developed and accepted backlog of requirements
- What the key metrics of a Product Owner are and how to manage them
- What the responsibilities and tasks of a PO are
- How effective PO’s manage changing requirements
We share tips & tricks that will help you in your work as a Product owner.
Your schedule for the day:
- What does the role include?
- Events and artifacts of Scrum of importance to a PO
- Story mapping – Epics and Stories – first release calendar
- Get to an efficient product backlog
- Manage the product backlog
- Write good User Stories
- Business value
- Responsibilities in Scrum Events
- Do’s and dont’s in Scrum events
- Conduct review meeting and reporting
- Q & A