Product Ownership in Scrum
This workshop in “Product Ownership in Scrum” offers a continuation on the Scrum Essentials training and delves deeper into the specifics of the role of Product Owner.
You will learn, through theory, practice, discussions, and debates what a Product Owner does and how. Thus, gaining a realistic picture of the role and responsibilities of the Product Owner in teams as well as with respect to the organization itself.
You will discover how a Product Owner, also called a PO, helps set the direction by using his analytical skills and business knowledge. Including, how he drafts and communicates the vision and requirements, and supports the team throughout the entire process of Product development. From drafting a Definition of Done through to the delivery of the final product.
This training is recommended for all those familiar with the Agile Product Life Cycle and Scrum framework, but who have yet to take upon them the role of Product Owner. Designed for those looking for a practical, straight-from-the-field, certification training, such as:
- Business Unit Managers
- Product Managers
- Project Stakeholders
- Business Analysts
- Team Leaders
A prerequisite for this training is a prior experience in working in a fully Agile environment, being in possession of a Scrum certificate or any other relevant Agile Fundamentals training.
After having completed this training you’ll be familiar with the ins & outs of what a Product Owner does. You’ll learn:
- How to go from vaguely shared requirements during conversation to a fully developed and accepted backlog of requirements
- What the key metrics are of a Product Owner and how to manage these
- What the responsibilities and tasks of a PO are
- How effective PO’s manage changing requirements
Full day – Food & drinks Incl.
A short summary of the schedule of the day:
- What does the role encompass?
- Events and artifacts of Scrum of importance to a PO
- Story mapping – Epics and Stories – first release calendar
- How to get to a manageable product backlog
- Managing the product backlog
- How to write good User Stories
- Business value
- My responsibilities in Scrum Events
- Do’s and dont’s in Scrum events
- Conduct review meeting and reporting
- Q & A
After having completed this training, it is possible to become certified by successfully completing the exam ‘Professional Product Owner’ on the official website of Scrum Institute.
Thereby obtaining your certificate of Product owner.
- Kris Vunckx
Agile Coach at Equalminds, an Agile Coaching & Consultancy organization with over 10 years of experience working as an Agile Coach. In organizations such as:
AG Insurance / Isabel / Belfius / Hubo / Eandis /Ageas, Ravago and more.
As a senior professional Kris aims to share his knowledge and experience in what he’s experienced to be effective in practice and what isn’t. Knowledge and experience translated in trainings that have been continuously fine-tuned and tweaked repeatedly, ensuring you receive the best and most relevant knowledge and tools.
Food and Drinks
Food and Drinks are included into the price.
It must be noted that this course is in Dutch.
Prins Boudewijnlaan 43 - First Floor